A DMCA notice will notify Hiken Girls of particular facts in a document signed under penalty of perjury. To write a DMCA notice, please provide the following information:
1. Contact Information: Send us the name of your forum, your email address, phone number, mailing address and full name. Also, please provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit Hiken Girls to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
2. Description of Potentially Infringed Work: Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the post titled “How to fix your fridge” that appears on http://www.infriniging forum.com/infringe_page.html).
3. Description of the Location of Potentially Infringed Work: Identify specifically the material that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work. You must identify each thread or post that is a potential infringement. Additionally, you must provide a timestamp of your original thread or post and a timestamp of the thread or post on the forum that is potentially infringing. This requires you to provide (a) the URL for each allegedly infringing post and (b) the exact time that each thread was posted.
For example, suppose (hypothetically) that you owned a forum named myforum.com and you located material that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work. In this case, you would provide the following information:
thread link: http://www.myforum.com/forum/12423.html
Posted on 12:02 AM 12/12/10.
thread link: http://www.infringingforum.com/forum/13.html
Posted on 12:30 AM 12/12/10.
4. Good Faith Statement: Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
5. Accuracy Statement: Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. Signature: Sign the paper. Your physical signature or, if sent within an email (rather than in a physical document or a digital document attached to an email), your name typed followed by “//s//”, which will serve as your electronic signature.
7. Submit: Send the written communication to IPenforcement@hikengirls.com
What We Do When We Receive A Proper DMCA Notice
Hiken Girls will follow the procedures provided in the DCMA, which prescribed a notice and takedown procedure, subject to the webmaster’s right to submit a Counter-notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works.
Notice and Takedown Procedure
It is expected that all users of any part of the Hiken Girls Network will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if Hiken Girls is notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, it will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. Hiken Girls will comply with the appropriate provisions of the DMCA in the event a counter notification is received by its Designated Agent.
You may protest a DMCA notice by submitting a Counter-notification as described below.
Writing and Submitting a Counter-notification
If material on your forum is removed or your forum is disabled due to operation of the Hiken Girls notice and takedown procedure described above, and you believe the takedown was improper, you must submit a Counter-notification.
Writing a Counter-notification
To write a proper counter-notification, please provide the following information:
1. Identify the specific URLs or other unique identifying information of material that Hiken Girls has removed or to which Hiken Girls has disabled access.
2. Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Santa Clara County, California if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
3. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that each search result, message, or other item of content identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, or that the material identified by the complainant has been removed or disabled at the URL identified and will no longer be shown.”
4. Sign the paper.
5. Send the written communication to the following address: IPenforcement@hikengirls.com